Medical Office Assistant
The Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network is a joint venture between participating local family physicians and Alberta Health Services.
Our mandate is to sustain and enhance the quality, coordination, and integration of health care services in Leduc and area and to improve the quality of life for the community of patients and physicians.
The Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network is seeking an experienced Medical Office Assistant. The successful candidate will work part-time at the Leduc-After Hours Clinic based in the PCN’s centralized office in Leduc. Applicant must be available to work 1-2 shifts per week. The Leduc After-Hours Clinic is open Monday to Friday from 5:30-10:00 pm.
The position will be the first point of contact for patients and the public. Some of the responsibilities include: operating the phone system, booking patient appointments, updating medical records and submitting billing as required.
The ideal candidate for this position should meet the following requirements:
• Excellent organizational, communication and time-management skills as well as the ability to multi-task;
• Medical Office Administration diploma and/or previous experience in a medical setting;
• Grade 12 education or equivalent;
• Current CPR certification;
• Knowledge of Alberta Netcare is an asset;
• Knowledge of PS Suite EMR is an asset;
• Demonstrate knowledge at an intermediate level of with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Please forward a letter of interest and resume by May 28, 2017 to:
Penny Garton, Clinic Manager
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A criminal record check will be required of the successful applicant.