1. Evaluate expectations - whether they’re yours or someone else’s, unrealistic expectations can lead to stress. Remind yourself that you don’t have to do it all.
2. Ask for help - enlist the help of family and friends to share the load of entertaining. Reach out to others for support, advice and assistance when needed.
3. Review what you value about the holiday - ask yourself: “Am I focusing on what I truly value this holiday season?”
4. Look after yourself - self-care is important during the holiday season as increased stress can increase your risk for colds, flus and mental health issues. Try to eat healthy and exercise as much as possible to help manage stress (we know this one is a challenge).
5. Relax - use deep breathing, meditation or any other relaxation technique to help lower overall levels of tension.
6. Make a List - not a Christmas or holiday present wish list, but rather a gratitude list. Note all the things you’re thankful for this holiday season and review it every day.