This program is supported by leading health organizations in Canada who believe that an educated patient is a healthier patient. The healthcare professionals at the Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network provide their patients with a MyMedRec booklet to help track their medications. This small booklet is a handy tool that patients carry with them, which ensures a listing of their medications is available for other members of their healthcare team to review.
KiBM products will enable you and your family to:
Keep an up to date medication list with you at all times
Communicate your medication/health related needs at each point of contact with the healthcare system
Easily access medication/health related information
Remember when it comes to your health, knowledge is the best medicine.
Who are the members of your healthcare team?
You! As well as, doctors, pharmacists, nurses and anyone else who is involved in your healthcare whether they are regulated healthcare professionals and providers or family and friends.
Know Your Health
Most Canadians have at least one risk factor for chronic disease that is within their power to change. Making healthy choices will not only reduce your risk of disease, it will also make you feel better. Here are some resources to help you better manage your health.
Easy steps for healthy living:
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid smoking or second hand smoke
- Reduce stress
Create Your Own Medication Record
- Create your own personalized medication book to record your medications, allergies and other health information. Keep it up-to-date (your pharmacist, doctor, nurse or other healthcare team member can help you with this). Bring it with you to all of your medical appointments or when you go to the hospital.
Why should you record your medicines
- Keeping an up-to-date record of your medicines helps you, your loved ones and your healthcare team members have complete information about your medicines
- It is very important to record exactly how you take your medicines (including whether or not you are taking them as directed)
- Knowing how you take your medicines helps everyone involved to make correct decisions about your care
- Having a medication record can also be helpful at times when you might not be able to remember your medications, for example in an emergency
- Medication records can help you to remember to take your medicines safely each day at the scheduled times
- Accurate communication of your medicines can help to reduce the chance of errors
To create your own medication record, click here: Knowledge is the Best Medicine
To download the MyMedRec app (available for Apple, Android and Blackberry), click here: Apps